It is no news that water and health are deeply connected. Given that our body is 70 percent water, our physical health depends on being well-hydrated for proper functioning. Not only for proper, but improved functioning, there are several benefits of drinking water. There are several dangers associated with not drinking enough water. When we are dehydrated, our memory, energy, and ability to focus deteriorate. But did you know that proper hydration is also important for our mental wellness?
Link Between Water and Metal Health Explained
Research shows that drinking adequate water has been shown to lower the chances of sadness and anxiety. Even moderate symptoms of dehydration have an impact on our health: losing just 1% of body mass, which can happen in normal life, can cause a drop in mood and anxiety.
Because the brain is made up of around 75% water, it’s simple to understand how a shortage of fluid may cause emotional processes to become sluggish. If your brain isn’t properly hydrated, it won’t function at its optimum. Lack of enough water in the body may cause a drop in energy levels and affect how your body absorbs meals, all of which can make you feel tired.
Mental Health Benefits of Drinking Enough Water
- According to research, people who drink less water are shown to have a higher risk of depression and anxiety. Individuals who drink enough water each day, on the other hand, are more likely to be mentally healthy.
- Reduced water consumption has a negative impact on mood. Individuals who drink less water are less relaxed, more stressed, and more likely to experience frustration. Individuals who are well-hydrated, on the other hand, are cool and comfortable.
- If you find it hard to focus your brain on the task at hand, a probable reason is that you’re dehydrated. Drinking enough water helps you stay focused so that you can get through the day doing everything you’re supposed to do.
- Overall happiness is also affected by water! When you are well hydrated, the happiness neurotransmitter serotonin is released, leading you to feel happy and well.
- Being well hydrated can help you beat insomnia! You can sleep better when you are properly quenched and your cellular water level is optimum. So, if you want to experience deep sleep and wake up refreshed, drinking enough water is a must!
- It is well known that dehydration causes headaches. In addition to headache relief, eliminating chronic pain lowers the chance of dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease.
Clean Water and Health
It goes without saying that the water you drink is only helpful in maintaining your health and well being as long as it is pure and safe for consumption. To ensure that the water you intake is as healthy as possible, rely on a water purifier that gives excellent results without risks. Try our impeccable Phoenix Gravity Water Filter for purified great tasting water on demand! Make sure to ask yourself if you have drunk enough water for the day. How much water to drink per day is something you should abide by religiously so as to keep yourself healthy physically mentally and spiritually!